Almond Cake – Torta di Mandorle
A classic Almond Cake with a crumbly shortcrust pastry that is tender and flaky covered with sliced almonds and almond flavored sugar. This simple one bowl almond cake is easy to prepare and perfect end to any meal or cup of coffee!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer.
3. Add the baking powder, almond extract, water, and almond butter to the creamed butter.
4. Gradually add the cake flour to the almond mixture.
5. Place cake mixture in a parchment-lined springform pan and bake for 30 minutes.
1. In a bowl whisk the powdered sugar and liqueur until the sugar is dissolved. 2. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the icing over the cake and sprinkle the almonds on top of the icing.
•If you don’t want to use an almond liqueur, you can use a little water and almond extract.
•You can also use lemon or orange juice.
8 tbsp butter (1 stick)
½ cups plus
2 tbsp. of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Almond extract
¼ cup Almond butter
1/3 cup of water
2/3-cup cake flour
Substitute Flour and cornstarch – see video
1 cup powdered sugar
5 tsp almond liqueur
¼ cup almonds, toasted and chopped